Proceeds from Redbird Socks for Scholarships benefit recipients of the Red and White Scholarship, a fund created to assist students experiencing unforeseen issues that range from the death of a parent to a medical crisis. Thanks to donors like you, Socks for Scholarships has raised more than $68,000 for the Red and White Scholarship.
This year’s socks are versatile. They are black cotton with red and white stripes around the foot, short red and white stripes up the calf, and the Rising Redbird logo on the shin.
Wear them around the house, to work, to the gym, or to a Redbird tailgate. Use #RedbirdSocks to share where your socks take you!
They also make a perfect gift for your Redbird friends and you’ll feel good knowing that your gift is helping students like Deyaa achieve their dreams. Make your gift to buy your pair today!
Redbird Socks - Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long until I get my socks?
- Socks are typically mailed 10-14 days from the date of your gift to allow time for processing.
- I would like to get more than 4 pairs of socks. Who should I contact?
- Please contact Van Miller at (309) 438-4309 or van_miller@IllinoisState.edu.
- Are the 2018 Redbirds Rising socks still available?
- Yes, a limited number still remain. Contact Van Miller at van_miller@IllinoisState.edu to request last year's socks with your gift.
- I just mailed in my gift/made a gift over the phone and didn’t know about the socks. Can I still get them?
- You must contact Van Miller at van_miller@IllinoisState.edu to let him know that you want a pair of socks with your recent gift. The fair market value of $6.75 will be deducted from the charitable gift amount per IRS regulations.
- Who can I contact with questions about the socks?
- Please contact Van Miller at van_miller@IllinoisState.edu or 309-438-4309 with questions.
- I cannot find the fund I would like to make my gift to?
- The 2019 Redbird Socks for Scholarships campaign will again exclusively benefit the Red & White Scholarship Fund. These scholarships help students with serious challenges. Red and White dollars have helped students pay for books, doctor bills, or the cost of a mandatory immunization. This fund provides critical support for our students.
A gift of $25 or more must be made on or before 11:59 PM on June 30, 2019. $6.75 per pair of socks will be deducted from the charitable gift amount per IRS regulations.