Rock your Redbird Socks!
Redbird Socks are back for 2017!
Last spring, more than 750 alumni and friends added to their Redbird socks collection by supporting Illinois State University's Red & White Scholarship fund. We are happy to announce that Redbird socks have returned for a fourth consecutive year. You can add to, or begin, your collection with a minimum gift of $25.
This year’s exclusive socks, feature a red, black, and white argyle pattern with the Illinois State logo across the top. After making your $25 gift, we will automatically send you a pair of socks as a thank you!
These socks will be available only through June 30, 2017. Once you receive your socks, be sure to share how you rock your #RedbirdSocks on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Redbird Socks - Frequently Asked Questions:
- I cannot find the fund I would like to make my gift to?
- The 2017 Redbird socks campaign will exclusively benefit the Illinois State University Red & White Scholarship fund. The Red and White Scholarship helps students with serious challenges such as the unexpected loss of a parent or serious medical emergency. Its unrestricted nature also makes it flexible enough to help students with smaller problems such as affording books, doctor bills, or the cost of a mandatory immunization. This fund is vital in helping ISU meet the needs of our students. If you would like to make your gift to a fund other than the Red & White Scholarship, please contact Josh Cox at (309) 438-4309.
- I would like to get more than 4 pairs of socks?
- Please contact Josh Cox at (309) 438-4309 for details on receiving more than 4 pair of socks.
- Are the red or black socks (2014 & 2015 versions) still available?
- Unfortunately, those socks are now sold out.
- Are the Red & White striped socks (2016 version) still available?
- Yes. A limited number still remain. For an additional $25 gift you can get the 2016 socks or make a $50 gift and you can get both the 2016 and 2017 socks together. However, you must contact Josh Cox at jcox4@IllinoisState.edu and let him know that you want a pair of last year's socks with your gift.
- I just mailed in my gift/made a gift over the phone and didn’t know about the socks. Can I still get them?
- Yes. However, you must contact Josh Cox at jcox4@IllinoisState.edu and let him know that you want a pair of socks with your. Otherwise, you will not automatically show up on the mailing list.
- Who can I talk to about these socks?
- How long until I get my socks?
- Socks are usually shipped around a week and a half from the date of your gift to allow time for processing.
A gift of $25 or more must be made on or before 11:59PM on June 30, 2017. $6.75 per pair of socks will be deducted from the charitable gift amount per IRS regulations.